My husband has decided as of last night, that he needs to know more about the music I like.
I'm not really sure what spurred this on after 5 years, but hey, it's a sweet gesture...
(Although, I know him like the back of my hand and I'm pretty sure that part of what's driving this is the desire to finally best me in music trivia.)
See, Hubbs and I don't really like the same time of music. Nor do we treat music the same way.
I think that music is crucial to my daily life, and must be on at (almost) all times.
He sorta treats it like white noise.
If it's there, okay, but he won't make the effort to turn it on.
But I digress....
His little research project got me thinking:
What is the music that has meant the most to me? Hmmm....
You know what this means, right?
It's time for a LIST.
(I kinda heart lists)
The 29 (1 for each year I've been alive) Albums that have been a huge part of me:
(I'm not going to go chronologically or explain them, because O only naps for so long.)
So, in no particular order and off the top of my head-
1. My Aim is True-Elvis Costello
2. Los Angeles-X
3. Astral Weeks-Van Morrison
4. What's the 411?-Mary J. Blige
5. Rage Against the Machine-Rage Against the Machine
6. Amplified Heart- Everything But the Girl
7. Dreamboat Annie-Heart
8. More Adventurous-Rilo Kiley
9. When the Pawn...-Fiona Apple
10. The Bends-Radiohead
11. Horses-Patti Smith
12. Ten-Pearl Jam
13. The Blue Album-Weezer
14. Stranger Than Fiction-Bad Religion
15. Disintegration-The Cure
16. London Calling-The Clash
17. MTV Unplugged in New York-Nirvana
18. At Last!-Etta James
19. The Boatman's Call-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
20. Purple-Stone Temple Pilots
21. Begin to Hope-Regina Spektor
22. At the Close of a Century-Stevie Wonder
23. Bloodletting-Concrete Blonde
24. Puple Rain-Prince
25. Lust for Life-Iggy Pop
26. What's the Story Morning Glory?-Oasis
28. Electric Warrior-T. Rex
29. Fever to Tell-Yeah Yeah Yeahs
+ 1 to grow on: Grace-Jeff Buckley
There's so much more, and on a different day, I could probably give a different list, but there you have it!