Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Houston, we have APPROVAL!

I received my approval notice for Medi-Cal in the mail!
Hallelujah! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I was terrified that we would be denied.

We were only approved for prenatal and pregnancy-related services, but that is more than enough for me. While I would love to have health care for myself, my main concern was/is making sure the baby is covered, so HUGE sigh of relief there!

Now, if Friday would just hurry up and get here, I may be able to allow myself to relax a little bit.

I'm supposedly right at 6 weeks, and my due date is 11-7-09, but I will remain skeptical (read: worried-out-of-my-mind) until everything is confirmed by a doctor, and it is decreed that all systems are GO.

On a more fun note, I started filling out a pregnancy journal last night.

They want me to chart down my waist size and weight each week. This is supposed to be a "fun" part of pregnancy....

According to who, exactly?


Those numbers do not need to be recorded for posterity. They'll stay in my medical chart where they belong!

No comments: