Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sitting upright hurts, so this will be short.

And it's hard to use a laptop when you no longer have a lap...or cuddle with a cat, which pisses our cat off to no end.

She gives my belly dirty looks, I kid you not!

Anyway, I'm pretty much on life-lockdown these days. I can't really get up and down without assistance, and anything longer than a short walk to and from the car requires a wheelchair. This is not conducive to getting anything done.

{I won't try to lie and say that I'm at peace with this.}

I had an OB appointment today. The baby is perfectly healthy and getting bigger.

SO AM I. The weight is going on like gang busters. I've officially gained 25lbs.

The number the nurse read made me nauseous.

In addition, I have an amnio on Monday to check How Owen is doing, and more importantly, what his lung function is like.

If they're strong enough, they may consider delivering him earlier than the 5th of November.

My back and joints would be stoked!


In other news, I had my 2nd shower this last Saturday. It went well, but I was bummed because unfortunately, a lot of people couldn't make it.

Things are hectic for everyone these days, so I completely get it. Everyone seemed to have a really good time though, and Owen got another BOAT LOAD of adorable baby clothes.

I still haven't found a place to put all of the clothes from his LAST shower, so things could get hairy--but you know, in a fashionable way.


I will try to post again on Monday after the amnio.

Fingers CROSSED, everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i just thought i should tell you that you should be SO PROUD that you have only gained 25 lbs during your pregnancy. Dave's co-worker's wife just had a baby a few weeks ago and guess how much she gained during her pregnancy? ready? are you sure??...


EIGHTY POUNDS.
that is my greatest fear. besides being attacked by a shark, of course.

Happy Fun Pants said...

Dude. I've gained 25 pounds several times in my life- and I wasn't even pregnant with a cutie like Owen.

I'm hoping you do have less pain in the VERY near future!

Jayne said...

Thanks ladies!

EIGHTY LBS.? Sweet Lordy. That poor woman....

AiringMyLaundry said...

I gained nearly 40 lbs with my kids. Oops.