Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Hundy! (OR, Hurtling Babies!)

100, that is.

This is my hundredth post.  Can you believe that? I've managed to warble on for THAT long? Wow.

I had planned on doing some sort of fun, retrospective-y post for the big 100, but the last few days have sucked.

I'm really trying to stay positive for 2011, but the outlook isn't lookin' sunshiney.

To top it off, O fell down the stairs today. I left him playing with his toy garage for less than 5 minutes to pee, and the next thing I know, I hear a tumble and WAIL. (he's fine, btw.)...

I go flying to see him crumpled on the landing and I immediately start to cry. My heart jumped to my throat. OH.MY.G-D.OH.MY.G-D.OHMYGAWDDDD!

Mostly the fall just scared/pissed him off, but it scared the SHIT out of me. Annd? I feel like the worst Mommy EVER.

Obviously, the barriers we've put up to block the stairs just aren't cutting it anymore.
My ILs were trying to avoid drilling into the walls all this time, which I understand, but the time has come- no more avoiding the inevitable...

The upstairs bonus landing and his room are the only real safe places to play in the house... 

Now, I feel like the landing isn't safe, but he hates just being in his room all day...grrrreaaaatttt...

but since my ILs are in FL for the next week, we'll have to wait 'til they get back for them to give the okay to install the gate, so in the meantime, O will be attached to my hip. 


This week? Gonna be awesome.

And by awesome, I mean NOTSOMUCH.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not a bad mommy!! From what I've heard, that kind of thing happens AT LEAST a few times with kids. Don't blame yourself love, you are an amazing mother and boo boos happen all the time.

(Just wait for the day when it happens to me and I come running to you saying "OMG I had no idea what I was talking about, I'm a terrible mother!")

Unknown said...

p.s. congrats on making it to 100! feels good don't it?

Britt said...

Thing #1: Kids fall. All the time. Scratch that, all people fall. I still trip and fall an embarrassing amount. Every time it happens, I just remind myself that this is why I never made it as a ballerina... not my complete lack of focus, discipline, and complete love of food...

Thing #2: The good news is he's far too young still to create coherent long-term memories. This will not be one of the things you have to pay a therapist to fix.

Thing #3: Toddlers are quite bouncy!

Thing #4, most importantly: YOU ARE AWESOME. In all that you do. From blogging, to mommying, to generally being a wholly kickass human being, you are awesome. Now, kick some of that pesky estrogen to the curb! Get thee a Snickers bar and a glass of wine, stat!

Pain SUX said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I just so happened to stumble, not actually fall, upon your post today. Lucky me, it looks interesting...I'll be back for more!!

~Steph
http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com